Debian packages

Michael Kiefer Michael-Kiefer at web.de
Sat Jul 21 23:03:42 CEST 2012

Hi everybody!

I am planning to host my own mail server with the possibility to sync my
Android phone and KDE calendars. This is why I am interested in Kolab, which
seems to be a great software.
Since I only have experience with Debian Linux, I tried installing the
binaries from  on a Squeeze system.
I stumbled upon to some issues with the package dependencies though:

1. The package kolab-webclient depends on roundcube-plugins-extra and
roundcube-plugins-kolab. The first one I could obtain from the backports repo.
For the latter one I found this [2] mail  mentioning a source [3] where I
could find the debian parts for making a package out of the sources found in
[4]. Putting everything together I obtained my roundcube-plugins-kolab.deb
package and noticed issue number two:

2. The package roundcube-plugins-extra depends on two packages which are not
directly available: php-kolab-freebusy and php-horde-kolab-server.
I can get php-kolab-freebusy from the .deb repository for kolab-2.3 [5].
However, for php-horde-kolab-server, I have no clue how to get this one.

Overall, what I needed to do seems a bit clumsy to me, so I suspect it is
either not the standard way, or there are some parts which have not been
packaged yet. In that case, is there anything I can do to help? I only have
experience with creating my own Debian packages for one week now, but maybe I
can give it a try anyhow.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/debian/kolab-2.4