mails are not delivered

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Thu Dec 27 16:26:55 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 06:25:19PM +0530, Subhrakanta Mishra wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have setup Kolab 3.0 on CentOS 6.3. I had some issues during installation
> and configuration but was able to resolve them all.
>
> Now the situation is, the organisation is using google apps but they
> decided to have a legacy server for all user apart from top management. So
> I installed Kolab and configured dual delivery in google apps.
>
> So now I can receive mails on kolab but when I am trying to send mail from
> kolab to google apps users on the same domain, the mails are bouncing with
> the following error
>
> host
>     mail.xxx.com[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp] said: 550-Mailbox unknown.
>     Either there is no mailbox associated with this 550-name or you do not have
>     authorization to see it. 550 5.1.1 User unknown (in reply to RCPT TO
>     command)
>
> I am newbie in this field. Kindly help me resolve this.

I don't really know what would cause this, but it would be great to have
a little more info on your setup, for example what server is the primary
server (Kolab or Google) have you added all the users to Kolab?

I found this page on the dual setup:
http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=96855

So it would be good to know what route you're using.

Cheers
Chris