webadmin login with Kolab 3 on CentOS 6.3

Adam Gold awg1 at gmx.com
Sun Dec 16 20:06:25 CET 2012

Hi there. I've just installed Kolab 3 on Centos 6.3 but I'm having trouble logging into the webadmin (talk about falling at the first hurdle). For the username I enter "cn=Directory Manager" (without quotes) and then the password I chose during the setup. The page hangs for a bit and then returns the message "internal system error". If I check the webadmin logs I get the following message: "PHP Error: Login failed. Unable to connect to tcp://[public ip]:80. Error: Connection timed out (POST)".

 The kolab server sits on a private network behind a gateway so my exact login is http://gateway-ip/kolab-webadmin. I've configured the gateway to forward the traffic and the fact that the login page comes up suggests outside requests to the webserver on the kolab server are indeed getting through. I've checked with netstat to see if if the the ldap server is listening on port 389 and it is.

 I saw this issue mentioned at the end of a post a few months ago but no one addressed it. Any ideas would be thankfully received.