roundcube problem after yum update on 2.4 system

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Fri Aug 31 07:21:57 CEST 2012

So, in the end, I went back to the documentation (which obvioulsy is now
different due to the new version of roundcube) which is here:

http://docs.kolab.org/en-
US/Kolab_Groupware/2.4/html/Community_Installation_Guide/chap-
Community_Installation_Guide-Roundcube.html

Starting off with an error:
[root at kolab roundcubemail]# yum install kolab-webclient-database
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto, priorities
 * base: centos.mirror.lstn.net
 * epel: mirror.hiwaay.net
 * updates: mirror.cogentco.com
Setting up Install Process
No package kolab-webclient-database available.
Error: Nothing to do

I did a yum search but didn't see it.  Since I had installed that on the
original kolab install, I didn't worry too much.

I then followed it down to the database preparation step, where I did this
instead of what's documented:

mysql --user=roundcube --password=pw roundcubemail <
/usr/share/doc/roundcubemail-0.8/SQL/mysql.initial.sql

...to create the database structure.

Also, in db.inc.php, I had to change more than the password:

$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysqli://roundcube:pw@localhost/roundcubemail';

I had to change the "mysql" to "mysqli" which is similar to what the original
file had.

I changed the plugin array and the calendar_driver as directed in the
documentation.  I also changed some of the new main.inc.php to what was in the
old one (like "default_host" and "smtp_server") and the like.

Now I'm back to what I mentioned below.  Trying to read email gives me the 601
error.  Tyring the address book gave a 601 error.  Trying the calendar caused
the calendar button to disappear and cause the 601 error.  Calendar came back
when the framework was redrawn (selected mail from the top menu and calendar
came back).

Troy