roundcube problem after yum update on 2.4 system

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Fri Aug 31 06:22:34 CEST 2012

I just did a yum upgrade on my kolab 2.4 server and two packages for roundcube
updated.  Yum log indicates I upgraded from 0.7.2 to 0.8.0.1

In /etc/roundcubemail, there were a few files that got the .rpmnew tag.  They
were:

calendar.inc.php
db.inc.php
main.inc.php
password.inc.php

I looked at the files and after some changes in db.inc.php, I swapped the
original files for the new ones.

The first problem I had was with db.inc.php.  I eventually reverted back to my
original one.   After that, I couldn't log in due to the "server" field in the
login screen, so I had to put main.inc.php back to the original as well.

At first,  I was able to log into my system, but I noticed that no dates were
displayed on my emails in the list.  However, in the course of playing around,
I ended up getting this error:

"SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE! Error No. [501]"

After that message, I went ahead and put all the new files back, and
painstakingly went through the new config files and copied settings from the old
files to the new ones.  (I must have missed something because when logged in,
it shows "troy at localhost" instead of my domain name.)

After that, I was able to log back in, but the dates were still missing, and
the activesync settings were gone too.  Looking closer, it looks like the
calendar is missing and addresses don't show any of my contacts.

So I downgraded back to 7.2 and replaced the config files listed above, and
things mostly work, but now I'm getting Error No. [600].  Roundcube site says
that's a login problem.

I'm continuing to work on this, but if anyone has any pointers, I would
appreciate it.

Troy