Users secondary email addresses not stored when edited in kolab 3.0

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Aug 23 10:09:57 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 06:17:05 PM Dirk Werner wrote:
> On 08/22/2012 05:56 PM, Torsten Grote wrote:
> > Hi Dirk,
> >
> > On Wednesday 22 August 2012 14:11:12 Dirk Werner wrote:
> >> This problem is solved by copying insert-user_types.php to
> >> /usr/share/kolab-webadmin, users additional email addresses are now
> >> being stored correctly!
> >
> > Did you manage to solve all your current problems? I and probably others
> > as
> > well lost overview in this thread, because of so many mails with a new
> > situation.
>
> Hi Torsten,
> thanks for asking - As mentioned above, the user email address editing
> in roundcubemail is working by copying the specific file.

Copying sample-insert-user_types.php to /usr/share/kolab-webadmin has little
to do with Roundcube identities, unless;

- You used it to alter the kolab-webadmin settings for the user_type so that
the primary and/or secondary email addresses are no longer generated, as per
[1], and

- You have disabled the recipient policy in the configuration
/etc/kolab/kolab.conf (primary_mail and secondary_mail settings in the
[$domain] section),

in which case I reckon you've been enabled to add your own mail addresses and
aliases to users, and hence been able to configure Roundcube identities
reflecting those addresses.

[1] http://docs.kolab.org/en-
US/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Administrator_Guide/chap-Administrator_Guide-
Kolab_Web_Administration_Panel.html#proc-Administrator_Guide-
Editing_user_types-Manually_Changing_the_user_types_Available

> I also did
> manage to create certificates and keys.

> I have added the
> globaladdressbook plugin in Roundcube and imported vcard entries which
> also worked fine.

You could instead have created a shared folder:

  # kolab cm "shared/Global Address Book at YOURDOMAIN"

and imported the vCards into that.

> The only issue left in roundcube is, that folders are
> not being displayed, except Inbox and a folder called event.default
> which throws a 'Connection to storage server failed' message when being
> selected. This folder cannot be unsubscribed, an analog error comes up
> when this is being tried.

In /var/log/roundcubemail/, log files should be present (especially "errors")
that could help us help you determine where the error(s) come from.

> All folders are being displayed in Thunderbird
> and can be subscribed/unsubscribed there. I'm currently struggling with
> synckolab which does not work at all.

SyncKolab is not yet compatible with the new format introduced with Kolab 3.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG