Tablet Unfriendlyness of Kolab's (Horde) Webmail

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Thu Sep 15 07:49:04 CEST 2011

Hello,

This is a general comment from a users perspective ... I'm running kolab
2.3.2 (soon to be 2.3.3) and was travelling this sommer without a full blown
laptop, relying on my ASUS Transformer to access my ongoing professional
communication. As my wife also uses the tablet and Android does not have
multi-user support, I decided to access my email via the web interface.
The resulting experience was underwhelming. The horde web-interface seems
quite unsuited for smallish tablets/touch screens. In order to hit all the
right buttons one has to zoom around constantly, in the progress loosing
many elements from sight.

Are there any (upstream horde?) plans to re-introduce multiple web interface
options ot to tablet optimize the single existing one?

Thank you for any insight you might be able to give.

Sincerely, Joh