Z-push and uid...

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Mon Oct 24 06:27:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a Kolab server (2.2.4) with Z-push 0.7.5. On this server, the
UID's do not reflect the email_address, but rather some other stuff (for
example, the mail field would be christian.tardif at servinfo.ca, but the
uid might be tardich). On this server, I was trying to connect (in order
for contacts to sync) with my email_address as username, and my
password. The server keeps asking for the password, until I realized
that what is requested field was uid, instead of the mail field.

This is rather bad, as this uid field might be used for other stuff, as
in my example. The thing is that this server also authenticate samba
users, which does not use the email address as login name, but some
other user.

I checked on another Kolab server (2.3.1), and I get the same error.
Z-push tries to authenticate through uid instead of mail. So the problem
comes from the z-push module, am I right?  As kolab supports different
uid and mail, z-push should authenticate with the mail field instead of
uid, as the user might not even be aware of its uid, only its mail address.

--
Christian Tardif