Problems with Horde Interface after upgrade from 2.2.4 to 2.3.2

Andrew J. Kopciuch akopciuch at bddf.ca
Tue Jun 7 10:32:32 CEST 2011

On June 7, 2011, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > All the settings that I am talking about were made through the Horde
> > Options menu.  Specifically the ones mentioned are on Options->Global
> > Options->Locale and Time.  I do not know where they are stored, but I
> > had expected them to be carried over.
> >
> > Same with the Remote Calendars that I had subscribed to.  This was
> > done with Calendars->Manage Calendars->Subscribe to Remotes Calendar.
>
> Frankly speaking I have no idea either, but I'll have Gunnar looking into
> that.

I thought the horde preferences were stored in LDAP?   After some reading, and
research it seems this changed sometime during the 2.2.x releases?

https://issues.kolab.org/issue3567

The LDAP storage is actually commented out in the slapd.conf.template, and the
webclient-kolab.php.template files.   So it is definitely _not_ in LDAP by
default.

The preferences should be stored on the filesystem then?  (I admit i do not
know how the preference system works).   It looks like PHP session files?
Located in : /kolab/var/kolab/www/client/tmp

Does the upgrade of packages clear out that tmp directory?   That would AFAICS
wipe out all filesystem preferences stored in there.  If the default
implementation for the web client prefs is to be stored in files, then should
there not be a special directory to store them?  And not just in a tmp dir?

If that is really the case, and I'm not misunderstanding something, then I
think a bug should be filed on this.

--

https://wiki.kolab.org/Horde_development#Prefs

<snip>
The Horde user preferences have been traditionally stored in the Kolab LDAP
tree. This is still the recommended version and there exists a
special "kolab" driver that implements this option. There are also other
options available for storing the user preferences and you can choose between
SQL db, file and IMAP based approaches if you don't want to use LDAP.
</snip>

Is this just a case of "out of date"?  I simply do not know enough in this
area to definitively explain things.  I agree that Gunar is probably the
expert on this.

Andy