Trying the akonadi-kolab-kontact things

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Mon Jul 4 11:20:41 CEST 2011

Hi,

I try to understand more about kolab and found some things I don't understand.
I'm using Kontact (4.4.11) and Akonadi (1.5.3) from Debian Testing.

- I created a kolab calendar resource. The button to configure / modify this
resource however is deactivated. I would have expected to enter the connection
data for my IMAP server there.

- Then I found
https://www.alexanderschroeter.net/wiki/index.php/Einrichten_von_Kontact_zur_Verwendung_von_Kolab_unter_Kubuntu_10.10

So I activated the groupware functions in KMail. It automatically created
folders for calendar/contacts/... in my INBOX. However as I understand this
should not work, since my IMAP server (dovecot) does not support folder
Metadata.

- I could still not save events in my Kolab Akonadi resource.

- It seems, that the Kontact-Kolab integration expects that one Kontact
installation is only used by one person. I have however three IMAP mailboxes
in KMail. So it wouldn't be possible to configure multiple IMAP accounts for
Kolab?

- Is there any documentation about Kolab-Kontact-Akonadi integration?

Thank you!

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro