test run of upgrade from 2.2.2 to 2.2.4 issues.

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Sun Jan 30 23:22:09 CET 2011

Zitat von John McMonagle <johnm at advocap.org>:

> My kolab is running under xen and I'm doing a test run of upgrade from 2.2.2
> to 2.2.4.
>
> Made a snaphot of the current installation.
> real is mail.advocap.org snapshot is mailtest.advocap.org.
>
> I changed the host name and ip address.
> changed  fqdnhostname in kolab.conf and ran kolabconf
>
> Did upgrade.
>
> Merged in needed changes from .rpmsave files in kolab/templates.
> ran kolabconf and restarted kolab.
>
> Ran the kolab web admin program and changed occurrences of mail to mailtest.
>
> Imap  looks OK via thunderbird
> When I run horde it works but it's it reading imap from mail.advocap.org not
> mailtest.advocap.org.  I  got that sort of working by putting an entry in
> /etc/hosts  to point mail.advocap.org to the local ip.
>
> Next problem I can not send mail.
> From postfix log:
> Jan 27 18:17:23 mailtest.advocap.org <info> postfix/pipe[19567]: E3AE32099AC:
> to=<johnm at advocap.org>, relay
> =kolabmailboxfilter, delay=0.32, delays=0.02/0.03/0/0.27, dsn=5.3.0,
> status=bounced (input/output error)
>
> kolabfilter does not seem to be running.
>
> While I suspect the real upgrade works be fine I'd like to test if possible.
> At least I know some of it works :-)
> Is there something really wrong, is there a way to fake it or do I need to
> figure some way to preserver it's entire network environment?

Changing the primary domain of the Kolab server can be difficult. It
is hard to identify the source of the problems in your case without
access to the relevant log files.

I would rather suggest to run your host backup on an isolated host and
set the /etc/hosts file to the original host name. This way you should
be able to test pretty much everything beside the external connectivity.

Does that help?

Cheers,

Gunnar

> Like to keep the production kolab  server running.
>
> John

Gunnar Wrobel
Developer, Kolab Systems AG

e: wrobel at kolabsys.com