Postfix: Sporadic fault in kolabmailboxfilter

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Wed Jan 19 14:31:17 CET 2011

Am Mittwoch 19 Januar 2011, um 14:18:43 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> I didn't check now how kolabd/kolabconf actually rewrites the files.  Maybe there is a very brief period where the file is not readable.

Hmm, yes, that sounds like a possible explanation...

See <https://issues.kolab.org/issue4699>.  Already put you on the nosy list.

> kolabfilter may never fail in such a way and while it may be that the same thing wouldn't happen on a 2.2.4 server I would still like to check.  The correct response in this case would have been a "temporary server problem".

Yes, that would be better.  Of course, the message should be kept in the postfix queue, with automatic re-transmission after a (if possible short, e.g. 1 minute) delay.

Thanks,
Albrecht.