Postfix: Sporadic fault in kolabmailboxfilter

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Wed Jan 19 14:18:43 CET 2011

Hi Albrecht,

Zitat von Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I run a self-compiled Kolab 2.2.3 (yes, will update soon...) server
> on a Ubuntu 8.04LTS x86_64 box.  Today, one user got a
> non-reproducible error (i.e. re-sending the same message was
> successful) from postfix.  The log entry reads
>
> <info> postfix/pipe[4936]: [snipped]: to=<[snipped]>,
> relay=kolabmailboxfilter, delay=0.11, delays=0.02/0.01/0/0.09,
> dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command died with status 255:
> "/kolab/bin/php". Command output: PHP Warning:
> require_once(/kolab/etc/kolab/kolabfilter.conf): failed to open
> stream: Permission denied in
> /kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab/Filter/Base.php on line 228 PHP Fatal
> error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
> '/kolab/etc/kolab/kolabfilter.conf'
> (include_path='.:/kolab/lib/php:/kolab/var/kolab/php:/kolab/var/kolab/php/pear') in /kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab/Filter/Base.php on line 228
> )
>
> The 'kolabmailboxfilter' runs as user kolab-n, and kolabfilter.conf
> is group-readable for kolab-n.
>
> Any idea what went wrong here?

I didn't check now how kolabd/kolabconf actually rewrites the files.
Maybe there is a very brief period where the file is not readable. In
any case I would like to ask you to submit an issue report with the
error message you posted above included. kolabfilter may never fail in
such a way and while it may be that the same thing wouldn't happen on
a 2.2.4 server I would still like to check. The correct response in
this case would have been a "temporary server problem".

Thanks for the report!

Cheers,

Gunnar