KolabClient for Android (under development)

Kevin Möllering kevinmoellering at lavabit.com
Fri Jan 14 15:11:42 CET 2011

Hello everybody,

while searching for a good synchronization Software for my Notebook and
my Android Phone (that uses an IMAP Mail Account) I stumbled over the
Kolab project.

In this context I also found an Android client for Kolab: KolabDroid. It
is still under heavy development, but all in all seems to work fine
already (no repeating calendar entries yet and other bugs). It is also a
bit slow, but for me it works.

You (Kolab users) might want to have a look at it [1].

I don't know how good the collaboration between the developers of Kolab
itself and the Android Kolab client is, but such a client (if completely
working) would open Kolab for a huge user base. Furthermore I could not
easily find another tool that supports contact and calendar sync between
Android phones and the Lightning extension for Thunderbird. Joining
forces with the KolabDroid developers might be a big leap forward for
both projects.

Furthermore I noticed that you don't mention KolabDroid on the Kolab
clients webpage [2]. Is this by intention, or is this possibly my first
contribution ;) ?

Greetings,
Kevin Möllering

[1] http://code.google.com/p/kolab-android/