admin at domain.tld creation bug

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Wed Apr 6 15:44:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a quite strange problem. I'm trying to create a user of the form
admin at domain.tld. The admin interface answers by telling me that a user,
or vCard, or distribution list with this address already exists.

I checked in the ldap database and no, it doesn't exists.

I then enabled logging into slapd.conf, and I found out that it searches
for cn=admin, and finds one (cn=admin,cn=internal, dc=domain,dc=tld). It
stops there, no email creation.

How come does that happens? It should search for admin at domain.tld in the
email addresses, not admin in (cn)....

It must be a bug, or someone will explain to me the logic of it. But,
one thing clear, it can't be. I have to be able to create whatever email
I want for a domain.

I tried it in my latest server (2.2.4), and also on a older server
(2.2.1). Same problem.

I need a solution for this one.

--
Christian