Webclient automatic access

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 9 12:12:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

Zitat von Gelpi Andrea <liste at gelpi.it>:

> Hi,
> 	I need to simulate an automatic access to Kolab webmail.
> I mean from another web server I need to include a link passing
> login information to kolab webmail.
>
> The user has access to his private area in his web server (different
> form kolab server, but in
> the same DMZ) and wants to click on a link without having to retype
> username and password.
>
> Is there a way to call kolab webmail passing username and password
> to bypass login page?

I didn't take a lot of time to look at this now so there might be
alternatives to what I describe here.

In the standard web client configuration I don't think a direct login
via get parameters is possible. The login handler is Imp (specifically
the imp/redirect.php script). Calling it via
https://example.com/client/imp/redirect.php?imapuser=a&pass=a won't
work. You can however modify the
/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/imp/redirect.php script in l. 95-96 to read:

$imapuser = Util::getFormData('imapuser');
$pass = Util::getFormData('pass');

This allows you to use get parameters as described above. Not safe of
course but it might give you what you wanted.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> --
> ing. Andrea Gelpi
> La Terra non la abbiamo ereditata dai nostri avi,
> ma la abbiamo presa in prestito dai nostri bambini.

Gunnar Wrobel
Developer, Kolab Systems AG

e: wrobel at kolabsys.com
t: +49 700 6245 0000