kolab-mailboxinfo.pl not working?

Skip Morse skipmorse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 17:11:23 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at kolabsys.com> wrote:
> Zitat von Skip Morse <skipmorse at gmail.com>:
>
>> I think this script isn't working for me... I know it has worked in
>> the past with a test server, but I'm trying to construct a back up
>> script with this as part of it and it seems to hang part way.
>
> Where does the script come from? I admit I believe I saw it before but
> I didn't take the time to check for its origin now.

http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/*checkout*/utils/admin/kolab-mailboxinfo.pl

The script exports the folder annotations so as to have a backup
incase of corruption.  I use it with the -c option for 'output
suitable to load into cyradm'.

>> if I try to use it to export to the file:
>>
>> kolab-mailboxinfo.pl -c > /backupdir/current/annotationslist.txt
>>
>> it gets to 'user A's folder X', over and over again...
>>
>> if I try to just run it on the CLI:
>>
>> kolab-mailboxinfo.pl -c
>>
>> It will stop at 'user B's folder Y' every time...
>>
>> I was initially worried that I had some corruption, but it doesn't
>> seem like that's why this is failing...
>>
>> Just to rule out ssh, I tried going at it via 'console', but that
>> didn't matter either.  I've been running it as user 'root'.
>>
>> Kolab Version 2.2.3 (Openpkg version)...
>>
>> Thanks for any feed back...
>> -Skip
>>
>> Maybe off topic, when looking at the output, there's a line:
>>
>> mboxcfg "user/averageuser/Contacts at domain.com"
>> /vendor/horde/share-params
>> YToyOntzOjY6InNvdXJjZSI7czo1OiJrb2xhYiI7czo0OiJuYW1lIjtzOjE4OiJhY2F5YW5hbkB0ZWV4cC5jb20iO30=
>>
>> Does that seem like bad news?  I'm not seeing anything else that
>> looks like that
>
> No, that is Horde storing some additional information in the folder
> annotation of contact folders. Though it may of course be possible
> that this is unexpected input for the script you are using.

Thanks for the input on this, I won't worry about it then.  This
particular user has only ever used the horde as a client.

I found that the reason for kolab-mailboxinfo.pl hanging was some sort
of weirdness in the mailbox info for a specific user's folder (it
turned out to be 2 user's folders I needed to fix).  I *think* the
cause may have been a corrupt cyrus.cache in each of the problem
folders.  I don't know enough to say for sure, only that deleting all
the cyrus.* files and runny cyrreconstruct on each folder with the
"-x" option seems to have fixed the issue (although seeing all mail as
new for that folder).  I have more of a discussion on that in another
email.

Any idea if this is a common issue?  It's a little concerning that the
script just hangs if it finds this, maybe it was just a fluke, but I
feel like I'll need to write a script to followup on my backup script
incase it's hung or something...

The reason for this is that I'm using berkley DB and the 'check for
corruption' scripts are for skiplist I guess, so I'm trying to plan
for the possibility of DB corruption...

Thanks,
-Skip