kolab-mailboxinfo.pl not working?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Mon Nov 8 10:54:21 CET 2010

Zitat von Skip Morse <skipmorse at gmail.com>:

> I think this script isn't working for me... I know it has worked in
> the past with a test server, but I'm trying to construct a back up
> script with this as part of it and it seems to hang part way.

Where does the script come from? I admit I believe I saw it before but
I didn't take the time to check for its origin now.

> if I try to use it to export to the file:
>
> kolab-mailboxinfo.pl -c > /backupdir/current/annotationslist.txt
>
> it gets to 'user A's folder X', over and over again...
>
> if I try to just run it on the CLI:
>
> kolab-mailboxinfo.pl -c
>
> It will stop at 'user B's folder Y' every time...
>
> I was initially worried that I had some corruption, but it doesn't
> seem like that's why this is failing...
>
> Just to rule out ssh, I tried going at it via 'console', but that
> didn't matter either.  I've been running it as user 'root'.
>
> Kolab Version 2.2.3 (Openpkg version)...
>
> Thanks for any feed back...
> -Skip
>
> Maybe off topic, when looking at the output, there's a line:
>
> mboxcfg "user/averageuser/Contacts at domain.com"
> /vendor/horde/share-params
> YToyOntzOjY6InNvdXJjZSI7czo1OiJrb2xhYiI7czo0OiJuYW1lIjtzOjE4OiJhY2F5YW5hbkB0ZWV4cC5jb20iO30=
>
> Does that seem like bad news?  I'm not seeing anything else that
> looks like that

No, that is Horde storing some additional information in the folder
annotation of contact folders. Though it may of course be possible
that this is unexpected input for the script you are using.

Cheers,

Gunnar

Gunnar Wrobel
Developer, Kolab Systems AG