Best way to reconstruct metadata for a user's folder?

Skip Morse skipmorse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 17:55:50 CET 2010

It appears that I may have something wrong with a user's folder.

As far as I can tell it's just the user's "Outlook Inbox" that is
effected.  I'm not really sure what's going wrong, only that when I'm
in cyradm and issue: info "user/problemuser/Inbox at domain.com" cyradm
will hang without displaying any info.

I've tried sharing that user's folder with my user to see if the
change might some how force a recreation of the metadata (didn't
work), it also would not allow me to 'download' via the toltec
connector any of the mails in that folder.  Horde will also timeout if
I click on that folder to view it's contents.

What's the best way to correct this?

There are a bunch of folders beneath the "Inbox" folder (they have not
problems with 'info'), if I need to delete the "Inbox" folder, then
recreate it (or let the Toltec connector recreate it), I guess I could
just take all those folders and move them to a new parent folder
first.  I'm thinking Horde might be quickest/best for this. Then copy
all the mails from 'Inbox' to somewhere, then just delete that folder?

I'm also wondering if a name change might work?

OR

If I could just set the metadata manually that would probably be the
easiest, but I've tried modifying an entry from another mailbox (using
out put from "kolab-mailboxinfo.pl -c") and it must not have worked
because it still doesn't display:

mboxcfg "user/problemuser/Inbox at domain.com" /vendor/kolab/folder-type mail.inbox

Maybe there's a step I'm missing, I haven't really been able to come
up with a good google search term.  Maybe there's something in the
metadata that I need to remove that's causing this issue?

So far this seems to be the only user and folder effected on the
system... but after fixing this I'll run the script again and see if
it fails anywhere else...

Thanks for any help...
-Skip