using distribution lists as groups issue?

skipmorse at gmail.com skipmorse at gmail.com
Thu May 6 01:00:08 CEST 2010

Hey all,

On my 2.1 system that I just migrated i didn't have the option of using
distribution lists as groups, now that the 2.2.3 upgrade was successful,
I'd like to start using group entries and remove the user entries.

I can add the distribution list and all seems okay. So far I've only tried
this within the web admin for a 'shared folder'. Once I remove my single
user entry, I get an [UNSHARED] folder in outlook (toltec), and then I get
the folder in as new as if they weren't related, then the new one will
sync, but the old 'unshared' one must be deleted.

I was hoping I could just go through and add the group, and remove the
single entries for the users, but is this not possible? We have a handful
of shared folders, and probably 3 'group users' that have
folders/contacts/calendars shared from there.

Any ideas? The only thing I can come up with is to use groups moving
forward, but leave the current entries as-is, I don't think having people
delete every [UNSHARED] version that comes in...

Thanks,
-Skip