Unable to set group permissions to shared folder

Alexander Gran alexg at moduleworks.com
Wed May 5 21:39:27 CEST 2010

Am Mittwoch 05 Mai 2010, 21:38:43 schrieb skipmorse at gmail.com:
> How are you trying to set the ACL, throught he web admin? I found when
> testing (haven't started actually using it yet) that if I put in
> the 'group:' to the webadmin it complained, I had to instead just
> use 'distributionlist at domain.com'... I haven't tested it with a different
> client, but I assume then I WOULD need the 'group:'

Well; that is another issue.
You're right, you should use it WITHOUT the group: prefix in the webfrontend.
However the webfrontend just inserts the String into the ldap database.
kolabd the picks up that change and pushes it into cyrus. This complains, but
you'll never the the complaint in the webadmin. It ends up in the (debug)
logs, but nowhere else.

IMO that is another (wishlist) bug, to get some feedback into the gui..

regards
Alex
--

Dipl. Inform. Alexander Gran, MBA
alexg at moduleworks.com
http://www.moduleworks.com
SkypeID: mw_alexg
M: +49(0)163/5598933

ModuleWorks GmbH
Ritterstraße 12a
52072 Aachen
HRB 11871
Amtsgericht Aachen
Geschäftsführer Yavuz Murtezaoglu

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original.
Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.