zpush with n900 pr1.2 not working anymore

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Wed Jun 23 13:16:07 CEST 2010

Am Dienstag, 22. Juni 2010, 18:21:56 schrieb Alexander Schröter:
> Am Dienstag, 22. Juni 2010, um 18:11:57 schrieb Thorsten Schnebeck:
> > Am Dienstag 22 Juni 2010, 17:49:34 schrieben Sie:
> > > Hi, just a reminder
> > >
> > > I have a problem with my zpush setup. it's not working anymore. you might
> > > remember me sending a msg after updating my phones firmware and eversince
> > > that time the sync is not working anymore i hope you can help me because
> > > there is no error in the logs which i can hold on and try to debug :(
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > have you tried to sync calendar only?
> >
> > Bye
> >
> >   Thorsten
>
> Yes and I actually just tried creating a new user and the sync worked.
>
> Even though it took some time for the device to server ... it worked both ways
> ... so calendar seems to work like a charm.
>
> What reason can there be that it does not work with my user.
Have you looked into spool dir of your old kolab user?
It looks like Kontact is not able really to clean it.
I cleaned the dirs manually and used the wiki (Backup/Restore) to recreate the cyrus index files.
The I did a clean resync.

BUT syncing contacts does not work here, too! (I only need syncing calendar and have a higher workload these days - so if this only by now)

> Its just a feeling but I think it might be a device problem.
>
> @Thorsten: did you upgrade or did you use the fiasco image?
simply apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade
and a little bit of dpgk configure magic ;-)

sooner or later we get kontact-mobile -> no more syncing! :-)

Bye

  Thorsten