was Re: Kolab Server 2.2.4 Final Release

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Mon Jul 5 16:18:56 CEST 2010

* Skip Morse <skipmorse at gmail.com> [20100702 20:06]:
> I'm hoping to upgrade from 2.2.3 soon, but I'm really confused by the
> upgrade instructions, I used the Debian 5.0 binaries to install, so do
> I just download the whole new set of stuff as if I was installing
> fresh and just do it like an install, but don't bootstrap and merge
> the new configs with the rpmsave files?
>
> >From the 1st.readme:
> "Upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.2.4
> ---------------------------
>
> Since OpenPKG uses static linking, packages which do not get updated in
> this release need to be recompiled, if they link against openssl:
> apr curl imap openldap perl-crypto postfix sasl
>
> When using precompiled binary packages install-kolab.sh will take care
> of this, but before generating your own 00INDEX.rdf using the .src.rpm
> files together with binary RPMs from existing installations you need to
> remove the binary RPMs for above packages."
>
> When would I be generating my won 00INDEX.rdf?? ... I'm just confused
> I guess...  Any help?

You can either download the whole new set download only the changed
files from
http://files.kolab.org/server/development-2.2/20100629-since-20091217/ix86-debian5.0/
(just make sure you replace existing files which have the same name)

Then do as like you would install everything, it will know which
packages to upgrade. You don't need to generate your own 00INDEX.rdf.

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998