was Re: Kolab Server 2.2.4 Final Release

Skip Morse skipmorse at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 20:01:12 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Thomas Spuhler <thomas at btspuhler.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 01 July 2010 07:56:40 am Gavin McCullagh wrote:
>> Hi,

>> > Yes, adding the define to install-kolab.sh was just a quick hack, it
>> > was added to kolabd as a dependency.
>>
>> That's great, thanks.
>>
>> Gavin

> kolab-webadmin doesn't build anymore with
>  --with-dist: mandriva
> in spec file
>

> --
> Thomas

I'm hoping to upgrade from 2.2.3 soon, but I'm really confused by the
upgrade instructions, I used the Debian 5.0 binaries to install, so do
I just download the whole new set of stuff as if I was installing
fresh and just do it like an install, but don't bootstrap and merge
the new configs with the rpmsave files?

>From the 1st.readme:
"Upgrade from 2.2.3 to 2.2.4
---------------------------

Since OpenPKG uses static linking, packages which do not get updated in
this release need to be recompiled, if they link against openssl:
apr curl imap openldap perl-crypto postfix sasl

When using precompiled binary packages install-kolab.sh will take care
of this, but before generating your own 00INDEX.rdf using the .src.rpm
files together with binary RPMs from existing installations you need to
remove the binary RPMs for above packages."

When would I be generating my won 00INDEX.rdf?? ... I'm just confused
I guess...  Any help?

-- Forwarding to the mailing list, I forgot to reply-all...