Just update kontact, not the rest of KDE, or 'wrap' kontact - anyone tried this?

Christian Rößler Roessler at FuH-E.de
Thu Jan 28 11:20:32 CET 2010

Hallo together,

well, the people here use a 'centralized' Server for running their
programs via ssh -X.

The problem I have is that the Linux version on this server is not the
youngest, and also not the Kontact/KDE-PIM along with KDE. I would be
eager to find a way getting around updating this server first.

So I wanted to ask: Is there a possibility to just update KDE-PIM
without updating the whole of KDE? Has anyone tried to 'wrap' KDE-PIM
along with it's needed libraries to try out different versions of KDE-PIM?

I have already asked this on the KDE-PIM mailing list (which i thought
to be more appropriate), by the way, but just got the tip to ask here:).

Best regards,
Christian