caldav vs plain ics files

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Tue Jan 26 11:26:41 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Alain abbas wrote:

> we had the same problem to integrate Lighting/thunderbird and we have
> modified davical for that it work with kolab.

Sounds very interesting.  I set up davical authentication against kolab v1
as an experiment and that went pretty well with Sunbird.

> We have few servers in test. We added in Davical the CardDav support.

I believe the Davical developer is also working on CardDav.  Are you
working with him?

> We use that with SogoConnector in Thunderbird and lighting (version sogo
> 0.9.6). If you are interested i can publish the code.

That would definitely be of interest.  Are you able also to see the global
kolab calendar in thunderbird?

> For the moment we are in test with that and there are some tasks to
> accomplish to terminate it. (just Calendar and Contacts work, todo stay
> in Davical and they are not seen at Kolab side).  This is perhaps a way
> to follow ...

By the kolab side, do you mean the horde web calendar interface?

Gavin