recommended filesystem for kolab

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 13 09:35:36 CET 2010

As your post is about a recommended filesystem,
there is no strict recommendation except for that the filesystem
should be local, so that Cyrus and Postfix can work quickly
and that  you should consider filesystemcheck time.
Note that Cyrus deals with a lot of smaller files and does not work over NFS
or most other network filesystems.

Otherwise general pros and cons for filesystems apply.

Am Dienstag, 12. Januar 2010 19:01:02 schrieb Gavin McCullagh:
> My default (like most people) would be ext3 -- in this case with noatime
> and nodiratime (or possible relatime) options.  I guess XFS might be an
> option but I'm not as used to it.  I'm also aware that some issues have
> been mopped up recently in ext3:
>
>         http://lwn.net/Articles/328363/
>
> so I may go for a recent kernel.  Is there a major benefit to be had from
> using some other filesystem such as XFS?

Personally I've set up ext3 and XFS. With ext3 I've heard that a filesystem
check can be quite long, so you would possible need to tune it.