amavisd-new version

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Thu Feb 18 23:09:29 CET 2010

Is Kolab tied to the amavisd-new version included in the packages?  The
Kolab version of amavisd is 2.5.3.  When I do a diff from the released
version, I the bulk of the diffs are related to path changes related to the
Kolab installation, so there doesn't appear to be any custom changes from
the released version.

I am investigating incorporating a software package into my Kolab
installation, but it wants to use a custom forked version of amavisd-new
2.2.1.  If Kolab isn't using any of the functionality specifically provided
by amavisd 2.5.3, would it still work with the older 2.2.1?

Thanks,
Troy Carpenter