Horde and shared addressbook problem

Diego M. Vadell dvadell at linuxclusters.com.ar
Wed Dec 29 15:54:12 CET 2010

Hi *,

 We've been using Kolab 2.2.3 for some time now and it has been working
great. I've been asked to make a shared address book, so I made a shared
folder called "agenda2" ( with the web management interface, as user
"manager" ). Cyrus sees it:

kolab.domain.com.ar> lam shared.agenda2 at domain.com.ar
anyone lrswipted
manager lrswipkxtecda

 If I log in as "manager at domain.com.ar" in Horde, I can see it, and add a
contact, but all the other users can't. If I log in as another, common user,
I can list the Addressbook ( it appears in Organizing -> Address Book -> My
Address Books ) bug when I try to edit it, I get "You are not allowed to
change this addressbook.". Also, I can't Browse it, or add a contact, or use
it when writing an email ( it does _not_ appear anywhere ).

 So, as a test, I gave manager's permissions to the user I'm testing with:

kolab.domain.com.ar> lam shared.agenda2 at domain.com.ar
test at domain.com.ar lrswipkxtecda
anyone lrswipteda
manager lrswipkxtecda

 And even after running kolabconf, it made no difference. I checked the
wiki.kolab.org site, both "Shared folders" and "Create a shared folder"
pages, but couldn't find a clue. Does anyone know if Horde needs some
special setting to allow using shared folders? Any hint will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
 -- Diego