Kolab, backup, virtual server and slave.

kiser Caesar kcaesar at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 29 12:07:58 CET 2010

--Pièce jointe du message transmise--
Subject: Re: Kolab, backup, virtual server and slave.
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:50:45 +0100
To: kolab-users at kolab.org
CC: kcaesar at hotmail.com
From: admin at jmay.org

On Sunday 19 December 2010 21:12:02 kiser Caesar wrote:
Hi,

> Do you have a feedback (or someone else) on a kolab server in virtual mode
> in production status ?
I'm running kolab on debian 5 in a XEN domU without any problem. This
configuration is now running for something like 1,5 years. At the moment i use
kolab 2.2.3, XEN is out of the box from openSuse 11.3. Until christmas 2009
this xen domU was running on Slackware 12 with a own xen-kernel. After the
change to openSuse 11.3, i just copy the domU.

But this is only a SoHo configuration!

hth,

greetings
jochen

> Kolab working well on a virtual server ? With which product ?
> I want to use VMware server (not esxi), I need to know if kolab will work
> perfectly with this ?
Hello, Thank for your reply. But now I'm confused.. I'm not sure of my plan.- First I need to select a good and definitively virtual product : Vmware Server (but will be discountinued..), Vmware vSphere Hypervisor (esxi)or Xen (I'm not "uptodate" on this product) ?I need a feedback of the kolab community to select the good product. But there are an important thing my futur virtual serverwill host others virtual machine.. - In second I will move my physical kolab server to an virtual server. But actually I run a kolab in 2.2.2 on a linux 4.0.What do you think, I need to upgrade before : 2.2.2 -> 2.2.3 or after the virtual mode ?Then I show in annoucnement that kolab 2.3 will run only in debian 5.0My other idea is upgrade my physical server from 2.2.2 to 2.2.4 then create debian 5.0 virtual server and install kolab 2.2.4 then import my datas from my actual server.I think it will the easiest plan. I need the feedback of the kolab a new time.. sorry !! :-  Best regards,