horde admin tools

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Mon Aug 16 10:15:18 CEST 2010

Zitat von Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie>:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 08 Aug 2010, wp1133599-user wrote:
>
>> I think you just have to add your user in the conf.php file of horde.
>>
>> $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('Administrator');
>
> Thanks!
>
>> there you could change your Database settings etc. But remember the kolab
>> server has a system where it uses templates. So after the next kolabconf
>> some if not all of your config files should be back to there old self.
>
> Yeah, I guess that's probably why Kolab doesn't seem to make it easily
> available.

Deleting them would probably also be okay. But that would mean you
really have no chance of accessing this at all. And as long as the
admin really knows what he is doing then using the admin tools is
fine. It is however very easy to break your Horde installation by
using the admin tools. Restoring it again using the OpenPKG package is
no big deal either. So my tendency is to still keep the admin section.

And of course Horde 4 should get a system that works with both worlds.

Cheers,

Gunnar