Kontact Mail Client Setup in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Alexander Schröter webmaster at computational-chemistry.org
Tue Aug 3 17:42:49 CEST 2010

Hi

I updated to the new Ubuntu LTS.

As far as I understand thanks to the updated Wiki.
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/KDE_Kolab_Client#lenny_unstable
I shouldn't use KDE4 Kontact. Personal experience says Akonadi is not ready
for use at least with Kolab. But I want a working KDE PIM with Kolab.

So am I right, that the best Option for me is to install enterprise35 ?

If so can someone please Explain how to this. I so far thought I should add

deb http://files.kolab.org/apt/ubuntu lucid experimental
deb-src http://files.kolab.org/apt/ubuntu lucid experimental

to the Repositories and update. My Problem I think is that the new Version of
Kontact is newer than the enterprise35 one and therefor not marked for
installation or update. I am sorry if that is totally wrong but thats what I
thought.

Can someone please explain what to do to get kontact with kolab running on
Ubuntu LTS.

Thank you very much!