AW: sender rejected

skipmorse at gmail.com skipmorse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 20:29:37 CEST 2010

On Apr 30, 2010 10:58am, Christian Tardif <christian.tardif at servinfo.ca>
wrote:

> I actually followed the Wiki that is why I added these entries to the
> virtual table as you described. And I do receive emails for both domains
> correctly. The problem is that when I try to send an email using my
> normal username and the domain that I added to the virtual table it is
> rejected.

> Oh! I see. Someone may correct me, but I think you can't send an email
> from a domain which isn't in the list of accepted domains. And the
> creation of Domain Aliases doesn't set the somewhat fake domain as a
> list of accepted domains and therefore, mails from that domain are
> rejected. To my knowledge, this would lead to an open relay situation.

> What you may try is:

> 1) put this somewhere in the main.cf.template file:

> relay_domains = hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/relay_domains

> 2) Create the /kolab/etc/postfix/relay_domains file

> 3) Put this single line:

> domain2.com OK

> 4) Create the needed db file with the command:

> /kolab/sbin/postmap /kolab/etc/postfix/relay_domains

> 4) Reload the new config with:

> /kolab/sbin/kolabconf

> Then, postfix should allow you to relay the fake domain2.com domain.
> But you still won't be allowed, though, to authenticate with this
> domain2.com to send mail, since the domain doesn't really exist in the
> kolab config.

> --

> Christian...

Sounds like you probably know more about how this stuff works than I, but I
was under the impression that, by default, the server will only ACCEPT mail
with the TO being for any of the domains in the 'domains' section of the
web-admin...

And, it would seem to be default that you can't authenticate as
user1 at domain.com and send mail saying you're user2 at domain.com... But, I
really don't know how it works to send mail as if it's from
user1 at domain2.com...

We don't use that in our setup, I just have an alias for each user for
domain2.com, maybe I don't need to have that?