sender rejected

skipmorse at gmail.com skipmorse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 18:50:44 CEST 2010

On Apr 30, 2010 9:17am, Christian Tardif <christian.tardif at servinfo.ca>
wrote:

> On 30/04/10 01:39 AM, Carsten Burghardt wrote:

> Hi all,

> I have multi domain setup where all users are identical. So i added
> the additional domains in the virtual table as @domain2.com @domain.com
> However if I try to send a mail as me at domain2.com the sender is
> rejected. If I add me at domain2.com as an alias to the user (in the
> addressbook) it works. I do not really understand this but maybe
> somebody can shed some light on this.

> What I understand you want to do is provide a domain alias so any mail
> sent to someone at domain2.com would end up in someone at domain.com, right?

> There's a wiki for that:
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Managing_Domain_aliases

> I haven't been able to do it with Method #1. But Method #2 is really
> simple as well.

> All you have to do is edit /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/virtual.template

> In your example, that would be:

> domain2.com anything

> @domain2.com @domain.com

> Save, and propagate changes with (as root): /kolab/sbin/kolabconf

> That's it! I just done it five minutes ago! :-)

> --

I'm not sure if this is exactly the same thing, but I have some users that
need to be able to send email that appear to be coming from a different
email address that maps to a shared folder.

Inside the network it isn't an issue because we're on the 'trusted network'
list or whatever it's called. The issue was doing it outside the network.
To allow authenticated users to do this (it's not allowed by default I
guess, we'd get a 'sender address rejected') I had to modify the
main.cf.template:

smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
permit_sasl_authenticated, <-- that's the line I added
check_policy_service unix:private/kolabpolicy

It doesn't quite sound like what you're wanting to do, but maybe... my
issue was I *think* that shared folders don't have a 'delegates' option,
I'm guessing if I were to use a group user, and assigned delegates that way
that it would have just worked. But, I haven't tested that...

-Skip