UPDATE: Upgrade/migrate from Kolab 2.1 SUSE Native install to OpenPKG 2.2.3 version DB probl

skipmorse at gmail.com skipmorse at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 17:26:34 CEST 2010

On Apr 25, 2010 9:01pm, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> wrote:
> Quoting Skip Morse skipmorse at gmail.com>:

> I was able to fix the DB errors, instead of only copying the

> mailboxes.db and annotations.db, I copied also, the whole db folder,

> db.backup1, db.backup2, and the deliver.db and it's folder (and

> changed to proper permissions after)...

> I had a slight issue with a blank screen on horde, but i was able to

> login with explorer, so I can try to piece that out...

> My main concern at this point is that within horde, all mail is

> showing as unseen, is this normal, or is there a way around this? I

> thought the seen info was held within each user's mail directory,

> maybe that's not the case?

> The information is held in the cyrus.index files in the various folders
> in /kolab/var/imapd/spool/

> Either they are missing or cyrus imapd is unable to read them. You could
> try to use the "reconstruct" tool that comes with the cyrus imapd
> installation but I'm not certain that this will be able to reconstruct
> your flags (such as "seen").

> Cheers,

> Gunnar

Thanks for the feed back on this. I'm wondering if the seen info was
effected when the copied DB's weren't working. I really don't know how
that's all connected. After working with it, I figured out that it's really
not going to be an issue for almost everyone. All except maybe 1 person
uses toltec. After successfully upgrading the server and getting the DB's
copied over correctly, I pointed to the new server with a test user's
toltec/outlook setup... There was NO duplication, of folders or mail. Huge
success! Also, after connecting toltec to the new server, it appears that
it uploaded the seen info, so after that things look accurate.

I ran the bootstrap process after the initial install, I was just thinking
that there might be links to stuff that, when doing an 'upgrade' would
normally be already done. Then I treated the import of my info as if it
were an upgrade. It seemed to work, but if this isn'ta necessary step, I
could probably leave it out.

Any ideas or comments are appreciated, I've got atleast 2 more test
install/upgrades to do before I'll feel ready to go live and do it, I wan't
to get it as efficient/fool proof as possible.