change hostname 2.2.3

Skip Morse skipmorse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 18:56:55 CEST 2010

2010/2/12 Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> Quoting Alexander Marx <alexander.marx at oab.de>:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Can someone please give a detailed advise how i can change the kolab
>> 2.2.3 hostname?
>>
>> I need to put my server in the internet with a dyndns name.
>>
>> Please tell me the steps i have to follow to change the hostname.
>
> Changing the hostname is not trivial as it is present at many locations
> (primarily LDAP) once you initialized the server. What is usually easier is
> to add the new hostname as a second domain in the services tab of the kolab
> webadmin.
>
> You will probably find additional hints when searching this mailing list. It
> is a problem that appears now and then.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar
>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Alex

> --
> ______ http://kdab.com _______________ http://kolab-konsortium.com _
>
> p at rdus Kolab work is funded in part by KDAB and the Kolab Konsortium
>
> ____ http://www.pardus.de _________________ http://gunnarwrobel.de _
> E-mail : p at rdus.de                                 Dr. Gunnar Wrobel
> Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                          Bundesstrasse 29
> Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                          D-20146 Hamburg
the process, but I haven't been subscribed for that long.

This is what's I'm GUESSING the process might be.  For me anyway.

Currently I'm in the process of upgrading/moving from Kolab 2.1 Suse
native to 2.2.3 OpenPKG version on a Debian 5.0.1...

I'm kind of following a mix of backup/restore and 'upgrade'...

The new server will have a different hostname than the old server, and
I admit that I hadn't thought about that while trying to figure out
how to make this all work until I looked at the ldap export.

I'm hoping that in my situation, all I need to do is change all
references in the ldif from oldhost.domain.com to newhost.domain.com
before I import it into the newly installed server, and change my
kolab.conf to reference the new hostname...  Any ideas if I'm missing
something would be helpful...

Also, I'm new to mailing lists, I'm trying not to top-post, because I
think that's bad etiquette, but also, am I supposed to reply-all to
this or just reply to the mailing list address?

Thanks for any info/help...

-Skip