Postfix queue?

Robert D Baldwin rbaldwin at bynari.net
Fri Apr 23 17:34:22 CEST 2010

I have no experiance with this on a Kolab server but have much
experiance with this on other Postfix/Amavis + ClamD servers.

What I think you are saying when you say "disabled it in Kolab", You
disabled Amavis email scanning?

I think you will find when viewing the Postfix queue that it continues
to try and deliver these emails to Amavis.

"delivery temporarily suspended:  connect to 127.0.0.1: Connection refused"

Check your Postfix queue with:
postqueue -p

The way I see it you have two options to correct this issue.

1) Update your ClamAV and re-enable Amavis
or
2) Disable ClamAV in Amavis configuration and re-enable Amavis.

The amavisd.conf is located here:
/kolab/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf

Look for this line at approximately line 149.
# @bypass_virus_checks_acl = qw( . );  # uncomment to DISABLE anti-virus
code

Uncomment this line to disable Anti-virus checking.  Then re-enable
Amavis email scanning.

Note any changes you make to this file will be lost unless you also make
it to the template in the Kolab configuration directory.

Others on the list maybe able to offer more assistance as to how to edit
the template in the Kolab configuration directory.

Best Regards,
Robert Baldwin