Postfix queue?

Skip Morse skipmorse at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 17:37:24 CEST 2010

2010/4/16 Michael Harnden <mike at rochestervball.com>:
> My server installation stopped delivering emails overnight due to a corrupt
> clamav database. I am in the process of updating clam to the latest version
> so I have temporarily disabled in in Kolab. My question is there a way to
> retrieve the mail that the delivery failed on overnight?
>
> Kolab 2.2.0
>
> amavisd: 2.5.3-20080101
>
> apache: 2.2.8-20080118
>
> clamav: 0.93.3-20080708
>
> imapd: 2.3.11-20080101_kolab4
>
> kolab-filter: 2.2.0-20080709
>
> kolab-freebusy: 2.2.0-20080709
>
> kolab-webadmin: 2.2.0-20080709
>
> kolabconf: 2.2.0-20080709
>
> kolabd: 2.2.0-20080709
>
> openldap: 2.3.41-20080424
>
> perl-kolab: 2.2.0-20080709
>
> php-kolab: 2.2.0-20080711
>
> postfix: 2.4.6-20080101_kolab
>
> spamassassin: 3.2.4-20080107
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Had the same issue with an install that I'm working with.  I'm not
sure if you'd worked around the issue the same way or not.  For me I
just bypassed amavis in the smtp chain via the master.cf, instead of
directing mail to port 10024 for amavis, I just said to send it to
10026.  Then I had to just keep the amavis process stopped.

Because of this, nothing was listening for mail on 10024, so deferred
mail couldn't go anywhere.

I temporarily just copied the smtp line in the master.cf and modified
it slightly:
127.0.0.1:10024      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

Then issued 'postfix reload' and a 'postfix flush'...

Keep in mind that this install is not an openpkg one, so I don't know
if anything would be different, but I'm guessing not.

Also, all deferred mail will not look like it came in 'now', if you
look at the header info you could tell when it was sent...

Hope that helps.

-Skip