stable outlook connector ?

Micha Kersloot micha at kovoks.nl
Tue Apr 13 10:58:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Dear list,
> we are using the byari connector 4 at 3 customers - and this is
> a pain! This product is not usable in a production environment.
> Especially calendar and address book functions are buggy.
> Even though Bynari confirmes and fix the bugs, there are appears
> new bugs. Our customers are really unhappy with this product.

Sorry to hear this, but we had similar problems. It seems to work alright if
you only share some folders with a few (2 or 3) people. As soon as you scale
up to f.e. sharing 1 calendar with more than 6 people all sorts of problems
arise.
We have seen the same problems with the Lightning plugin and with other
Outlook plugins so we came to the following conclusion:

1. You can use kolab + f.e. bynari in really small configurations (3-4 users).
2. You probably can use kolab in really big organizations where the resources
are only shared by a few people and there is good use of the free-busy
information (boss - secretary setup)
3. Kolab seems to be unusable for small (5-15 user) organizations when using a
single shared resource. After some time the resource will end messed up.

For us it looks like a design problem and we just decided that kolab was not
the good solution for use case 3.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Micha Kersloot

http://www.kovoks.nl/
KovoKs B.V. is ingeschreven onder KvK nummer: 11033334