lost emails in Kolab

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 16:39:28 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Thomas Arendsen
Hein<thomas at intevation.de> wrote:
> * Liutauras Adomaitis <liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com> [20090904 14:38]:
>> we are facing very strange problem: some (very few) emails are lost
>> between kolab and client (Outlook+Bynari+Kaspersky AV).
>> Email is in Outlook Send Items, but no evidence on Kolab server
>> (postfix.log, amavisd.log).
>
> If postfix.log does not show any evidence, then the user's email
> client did not talk to the Kolab server. Maybe he sent it to a
> different server that threw away the mail?

At the time I was investigating the issue email server was set to
kolab server. What is the path of email to be delivered? starting form
Outlook:
Outlook -> Bynari Connector -> Postfix -> Amavis -> Postfix -> Local or Remote
Is it correct? Who is responsible for putting emails to sent folder?

Liutauras