Q: Kolab and Mac OS X?

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Mon Nov 2 10:22:05 CET 2009

Hi Till:

Thanks a lot for your information!

Am Montag 02 November 2009 08:49:34 schrieb Till Adam:
> There is no Kolab plugin for Apple's mail or calendar application, to the best of my knowledge.

A plug-in for Apple's applications would be cool as then the OS X sync infrastructure could probably be used ootb...  Or does Kontact/Mac (and Win?) support syncing mobile devices?

> Kontact, however works fine. You can install version 4.x from macports and set it up using the kolabwizard, just like on Linux.

I see.  Do you know if it uses the "native" (Quartz) qt, or X11 version?

I'm not really familiar with Macports (I mostly run Ubuntu um my old G4 Powermac... ;-), so it's probably my fault the I could not find "kontact" in the ports list <http://www.macports.org/ports.php>.  Do you have a pointer by chance?

> There might also be fink packages, in the meantime, but I haven't kept current with them lately. On files.kolab.org you can also find an older version of an OSX installer that we built a while ago, but it's not current. Still, maybe useful for trying it out. Hopefully there will be a new one soon.

That would of course be great!

There is a nasty issue (#3582) which prevents kontact/Win from working properly under some circumstances, btw, and afaik it could also influence a MacOS X version, at least is the storage is on a hfs+ drive.  Would be great if this could also be addressed.

> Hope that helps,

It does!

Thanks again, Albrecht.