openSUSE 11.1 LDAP dynamic config back-end + kolab

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Tue May 26 12:07:45 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 01:38:56PM +0530, Shrenik Bhura wrote:
> >> configuration database of OpenLDAP (back-config). Do you want to migrate
> >> your existing configuration to the configuration database?
> >> (x) Migrate existing configuration
> >> ( ) Create a new configuration from scratch
> >>
> >> Hoping that migrating existing config would not break things for kolab.
> >>

> > Don't use yast :)
> >
> Any idea how I may revert to the old setup.
> Tried kolab_bootstrap -b but the root DSE error remains as is.
> I removed kolab, kolab-webclient and openldap2 and reinstalled the same
> but yet no luck. The error remains.
> I was under the impression that kolab on os 11.1 had been ported to
> support the openldap 2.4
>
> Any advice?
> > What is a dynamic configuration database....?  If it is the new openldap-2.4
> > of storing the configuration, it is not supported by kolab....  As such you
> > better not migrate
> Yeah it is openldap-2.4 that i am referring to.
> openldap2-client-2.4.12-5.3
> openldap2-2.4.12-5.4

Have a look at this issue:
https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3000
Hopefully it has enough pointers for you to get going.
I think that you should remove the openldap pkg annd
also remove the directories:
/etc/openldap and /var/lib/ldap.
Now re-install the openldap package and run kolab_bootstrap.
Of course this results in loss of data.....

--
Richard