openSUSE 11.1 LDAP dynamic config back-end + kolab

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Mon May 25 22:56:16 CEST 2009

Op maandag 25 mei 2009 10:22:06 schreef Shrenik Bhura:
> Hello,
>
> Is it safe to use yast ldap-server once we have configured kolab?
>
> # yast ldap-server

This is probably asking for trouble.  Yast and kolab are not aware of each
other, so both think that they control the configuration file.  This does not
look good....

> I am getting this warning :
>
> Your system is currently configured to use the configuration
> file /etc/openldap/slapd.conf. This YaST module only supports the dynamic
> configuration database of OpenLDAP (back-config). Do you want to migrate
> your existing configuration to the configuration database?
> (x) Migrate existing configuration
> ( ) Create a new configuration from scratch
>
> Hoping that migrating existing config would not break things for kolab.

Don't use yast :)

What is a dynamic configuration database....?  If it is the new openldap-2.4
of storing the configuration, it is not supported by kolab....  As such you
better not migrate.

> Sorry forgot to mention that I would like to use the same LDAP for
> system user auth as well. Does anyone see any issues with it?

What about this:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Samba_PDC_and_Kolab_Server
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab_2.2_and_Samba_on_Ubuntu_Hardy
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Special:Search?search=samba&go=Go
Is that perhaps what you're looking for?

http://wpkg.org/kolab/
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Administrators_Overview#Extensions

Well that's about it :)

--