openSUSE 11.1 LDAP dynamic config back-end + kolab

Shrenik Bhura shrenik.bhura at intelliant.net
Mon May 25 13:26:34 CEST 2009

Shrenik Bhura wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> Is it safe to use yast ldap-server once we have configured kolab?
>>
>> # yast ldap-server
>>
>> I am getting this warning :
>>
>> Your system is currently configured to use the configuration
>> file /etc/openldap/slapd.conf. This YaST module only supports the dynamic
>> configuration database of OpenLDAP (back-config). Do you want to migrate
>> your
>> existing configuration to the configuration database?
>> (x) Migrate existing configuration
>> ( ) Create a new configuration from scratch
>>
>> Hoping that migrating existing config would not break things for kolab.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> Sorry forgot to mention that I would like to use the same LDAP for
> system user auth as well. Does anyone see any issues with it?
>
> The only earlier instance I have found w.r.t. kolab for such application
> has been
> http://www.nexedi.org/workspaces/project/dls/usage_of_ldap_in_nex . Any
> suggestions on this as well?
>
> Hoping to get some valuable insight before I burn my fingers ;)
Fingers burnt :)

First few side effects noticed.

 # slapcat
str2entry: invalid value for attributeType objectClass #0 (syntax
1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.38)
root_dse_read_file: could not parse entry
(file="/etc/kolab/rootDSE.ldif" line=3)
olcRootDSE: value #0: <olcRootDSE> could not read file
/etc/kolab/rootDSE.ldif
config error processing cn=config: <olcRootDSE> could not read file
slapcat: bad configuration file!

Though all the normal functions(sending receiving mails / accessing
webadmin / modifying accounts) seem to be going smooth.
Could it be an ACL issue as #yast ldap-server ACL section for the Kolab
db seems to return this:
"The selected Database contains Access Control Rules that are currently
not supported by this YaST Module. The Access Control Dialog will be
disabled."

SB