kolab - opensuse 11.1

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Wed May 20 21:12:42 CEST 2009

Hi Shrenik,

Op woensdag 20 mei 2009 09:29:19 schreef Shrenik Bhura:
> Richard Bos wrote:
> -- snip --
>
> >> Mail received. :) Worked like a charm.
> >> The only issue was this:
> >> I only got this error while doing "# zypper in kolab" and it installed
> >> all the other packages:
> >> Installation of horde-form-0.0.2-4.16 failed:
> >> (with --nodeps --force) Error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed:
> >> Package "/var/lib/pear/Horde_Form.xml" is not valid
> >> install failed
> >> error: %post(horde-form-0.0.2-4.16.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status
> >> 1
> >>
> >> Abort, retry, ignore? [A/r/i]: i
> >
> > Hmmm, there is an easy trick to make this warning harmless, which is
> > already used in horde-token/horde-token.  The trick is the "|| echo"
> > piece. pear install --nodeps --soft --force --register-only
> > %{xmldir}/%{prj}.xml || echo > /dev/null
> > But I would like to know why the installation of the Horde_Form.xml file
> > fails...  If this error always happen, please let us know.
>
> Richard,
>
> Do you want me to do this?

No, not really.  I just showed that it is possible to have the rpm install
succesfully although the pear install command fails.  It's a trick, and it
looks harmless to me, I hope the horde devs agree ;)

> # pear install --nodeps --soft --force --register-only
> horde-form/horde-form.xml || echo > /dev/null
> Attempting to discover channel "horde-form"...
> downloading ?url=horde-form%3A80%2Fchannel.xml ...
> Starting to download ?url=horde-form%3A80%2Fchannel.xml (1,915 bytes)
> ....done: 1,915 bytes
> Package "horde-form/horde-form.xml" is not valid
> install failed

The manual command should be:
# rpm -ql --scripts horde-form
postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
pear install --nodeps --soft --force --register-only \
/var/lib/pear/Horde_Form.xml

> I will try this with one more installation in a test VM and revert with
> the results.
>
> I am also unable to log in into the webclient. It makes a log in attempt
> and returns to the same page. Haven't found anything suspicious in the
> apache or mail logs. Please do guide me where to look for any log.

I can't help you with this, sorry.

> Is there an IRC where you guys hang out? That may help speed up the
> testing cycles.

irc.freenode.org channel #kolab
I'm sometimes there, mostly only after a request via email.

--
Richard