z-push backend

Alain Abbas alain.abbas at libertech.Fr
Wed May 20 18:26:00 CEST 2009

this is the readme that i provided with the download

Z-push is an emulation of Activesync protocol , you can with it connect your pda like if
the server is an exchange

1 Installation of Z-push (http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/)

assuming that the root folder is /kolab

install folder z-push ( download it ) in  /kolab/var/kolab/www

in the file  /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/httpd.local.template
add :
Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /kolab/var/kolab/www/z-push/index.php
The right of the folder ./state must be 777
create ./kolabindex/uid_id et ./kolabindex/id_uid
The right these  folders 777

copy  kolab.php in the folder ./bakend (download it for the moment at support.libertech.fr)
in the file ./config.php

modify
 // The data providers that we are using (see configuration below)
    $BACKEND_PROVIDER = "BackendKolab";
Add :

 define('KOLAB_SERVER', '127.0.0.1');
 define('KOLAB_IMAP_OPTIONS', '/notls/norsh');
 define('KOLAB_IMAP_PORT', 143);
 define('KOLAB_INDEX',"kolabindex");
 define('KOLAB_CONTACT_FOLDER',"inbox.contacts");
 define('KOLAB_DIARY_FOLDER',"inbox.calendrier");

on  Kolab <=2.2.1 or if there are an error : (debug file)
to have a debug file simply create with 666 rights debug.txt file on z-push directory

05/19/09 10:59:43 [1851] /kolab/var/kolab/www/z-push/backend/kolab.php:26 requir
e_once(Horde/Kolab/Format.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require
-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory (2)
install:
pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
pear install --force channel://pear.horde.org/Kolab_Format

Kown Issue:

the Mail part is not tested yet because we use IMAP instead activesync for the mail , but the code is the code of the Imap backend. We saw some problems with it on the Iphone
Task are not implemented yet

Calendar :
-must fix the timeZone it is coded in hard for the moment
-must be find the mail off the user
-problem with appointment who are full day and on more one day (on iphone)
-request meeting not implemented

Contacts :
-the contact's picture is not synchronized
-some supplementary fields are not synchronized like spouse, birthday ....

TODO :
fix the timezone
fix the address mail
implement more one kolab server ( ask to ldap who is the right server to open the imap connexion)
find a solution for the meeting request and accept or reject
sync more than one folder (list per user)
more tracability