whitelist

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 20 10:18:16 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, 19. Mai 2009 15:34:30 schrieb John McMonagle:
>  see there is a whitelist filter  in horde.
> I am assuming that it is just  the sieve filter or does it also hook in to
> the spam controls?

The web client does not have credentials to change the system settings.
(A good thing giving our security architecture.) So it must mean a sieve
filter for the user. Note that I saw a number of problems with the web clients
sieve filter fly by, your milage might vary.

> It doesn't do much good to whitelist if it's been blocked before it gets to
> you :-(
> If this is not the case is there a spam whitelist in kolab?

Kolab Server uses amavisd new to trigger a number of check,
e.g. spamassasin and clamav. You can plug additional checks into it and also
whitelisting. So yes, there is whitelisting and everything else that you can
drive from amavisd new or postfix. ;)

Bernhard