kolab - opensuse 11.1

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Tue May 19 18:04:11 CEST 2009

Hi shrenik,

Op dinsdag 19 mei 2009 07:25:25 schreef Shrenik Bhura:
> Following instructions at http://en.opensuse.org/kolab , I don't seem to
> get a repo for 11.1 as it is also mentioned on the Talk/Discussions page.

Ah, thanks for reporting this.  I don't look at the wiki talk/discussion page.

I removed the links to the stable repository, as that is for kolab-2.1.0 (I
believe or perhaps even prior 2.1.0).  One should now use the unstable
repository.  Another thing for which I did not have the time to write, is that
one must use perl-ldap from the devel:language:perl repository.

> Hence I proceeded with factory but that has landed me with the same
> problem as Richard's.

Factory as in openSUSE_Factory or unstable?

> I have the following kolab rpms installed:
>
> # rpm -qa|grep -i kolab
> cyrus-imapd-kolab-2.3.13-63.1
> php5-pear-kolab_filter-2.2.0-5.67
> kolab-webclient-1.2-2.1
> perl-kolab-2.2.1.90_cvs20090503-1.3
> php5-pear-kolab_freebusy-2.1.99-12.76
> kolab-freebusy-2.1.99-17.35
> kolab-2.2.1.90_cvs20090503-4.1
> php5-imap-kolab-5.2.6-38.1
> kolab-webadmin-2.2.0.99_cvs20090222-2.9
> kolab-filter-2.1.99-18.12
> imap-kolab-lib-2006c1_suse-133.30

If I do that I get:
kolab2:~ # rpm -qa | grep kolab
cyrus-imapd-kolab-2.3.13-63.1
kolab-filter-0.1.5-3.1
kolab-format-1.0.1-2.5
kolab-freebusy-0.1.5-4.5
kolab-2.2.2-0
php5-imap-kolab-5.2.9-1.1
kolab-storage-0.4.0-3.7
kolab-webadmin-2.2.0.99_cvs20090222-2.9
imap-kolab-lib-2006c1_suse-71.3
kolab-server-0.5.0-4.1
perl-kolab-2.2.1.90_cvs20090503-1.3

They come from the following repositories:
kolab2:~ # PKGS=$(rpm -qa | grep kolab)
kolab2:~ # rpm -q --qf "%{NAME}\t%{DISTRIBUTION}\n" $PKGS
kolab-format    server:php:applications / openSUSE_11.1
kolab-freebusy  server:php:applications / openSUSE_11.1
kolab   server:Kolab:UNSTABLE / openSUSE_11.1
php5-imap-kolab server:Kolab:UNSTABLE / openSUSE_11.1
kolab-storage   server:php:applications / openSUSE_11.1
kolab-filter    server:php:applications / openSUSE_11.1
kolab-webadmin  server:Kolab:UNSTABLE / openSUSE_11.1
cyrus-imapd-kolab       server:Kolab:UNSTABLE / openSUSE_11.1
imap-kolab-lib  server:Kolab:UNSTABLE / openSUSE_11.1
kolab-server    server:php:applications / openSUSE_11.1
perl-kolab      server:Kolab:UNSTABLE / openSUSE_11.1

You have packages with php5-pear-kolab-*, which is not good.

> There is definitely something wrong as there is no
> /usr/bin/kolabmailboxfilter or kolabfilter

What is the result of "locate kolabmailfilter"?

I have:
kolab2:~ # rpm -qf /usr/bin/kolabmailboxfilter
kolab-filter-0.1.5-3.1

kolab2:~ # rpm -ql kolab-filter | grep bin
/usr/bin/kolabfilter
/usr/bin/kolabmailboxfilter

> I have a few queries:
> 1. Is it advisable to go the 11.1 route or 10.3 on opensuse as of now?
> If 10.3, then is this the right way -
> http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2009-May/009830.html ?

I test on and use 11.1, others test 10.3.  The packages are the same, as they
are all build with exactly the same specfile.  I would opt for 11.1 if you
have the possibility as that will last longer than 10.3.

> The wiki at http://en.opensuse.org/kolab needs some more cleanup.
> Someone who has achieved complete/partial success, please  take the
> initiative.
> Or I shall definitely do it if I achieve it.

I believe that the wiki is rather up to date.  The most important part that is
missing, is an explanation to install perl-ldap from devel:language:perl

Verify that you have the right perl-ldap, by executing the following command:
kolab2:~ # grep -n "{cookie} || undef"
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Net/LDAP/Control/SyncRequest.pm

The result should be:
24:      cookie => $self->{cookie} || undef,

(24 is the line number).

--
Richard