Kontact on Linux w/o kde

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Thu May 14 15:47:25 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I try to run Kontact on Ubuntu 9.04, but without a full kde
installation, i.e. in a Gnome environment.  Ubuntu 9.04 comes
withkontact 4:4.2.2-0ubuntu1.  Everything seems to run smoothly, with
the following exceptions:

(1) clicking on a http uri in a mail results in a pop-up reading "Keine
Verbindung zum Rechner xxx: Unknown error";
(2) Free/Busy lists simply don't work.  For each and every participant
there is always a red bar.  The puzzling thing is that the Apache logs
on the Kolab server say that kontact doesn't query the server.

I guess for (1) might be a config file/option which can be changed via
the KDE control centre, but I don't want to install it.  Maybe someone
can tell me how to create the file manually as to point to Firefox?

(2) could be a missing lib, or also something related to a uri handler?

Thanks in advance,
Albrecht.