Upgrade on Suse 10.3 success

Lucid Blue lucidblue0 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 18:05:49 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Carsten Burghardt
<carsten at cburghardt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after a lot of tests on a virtual system I finally upgraded my
> productive Kolab server to 2.2.1 with the Suse packages.
> Short description:
> - Save ldap data according to readme (slapcat)
> - rckolab stop
> - add Kolab devel (see http://en.opensuse.org/Kolab) and Perl devel
> (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/perl/openSUSE_10.3) installation
> sources
> - update all Kolab, Horde, PHP and Perl packages with Yast
> - restore .rpmnew files from /etc/kolab/templates (if you made changes)
> - do the same for Horde if needed
> - restore ldap data according to readme (slapadd)
> - rcldap start
> - kolabconf -n
> - rckolab start
> - change ownership of Horde config dirs and files to wwwrun
>
> That's it. So far I tested email, calendar, tasks, contacts and syncml
> support, all work. I have not tested freebusy and shared calendars yet.
>
> I am currently not able to save the Horde config as administrator
> because this replaces the __FILE__ macros with an actual path but that
> does not seem to work as Horde can not find the database anymore.
>

> Regards
>
> Carsten

I've VERY interested in this, I'd tried a few times, I'm using SUSE
10.2 and "versions" in the web interface gives me this output:

perl-kolab-5.8.7-30.8
kolab-2.1.0-31.1
kolab-resource-handlers-2.1.0-10.7
kolab-webadmin-2.1.0-5.7

I would love the "Long Description" if you have the time.  I haven't
had the time to mess with it in a while and currently it's working.  I
vaguely remember getting some annotations.db errors and I thought I'd
read that the DB format had changed, now I'm thinking that it's likely
I wasn't following the proper steps.

I have however successfully migrated the data and mail to a fresh 10.3
install, but a huge issue I have with that is that we are using Toltec
and per Joon, there is no way to 'copy' the Folder UID's, meaning that
any shared folders would come in as new or duplicate the messages
already contained within them on the outlook clients.

What clients are you using?

-- I'm new to mailing lists, I'm not sure the polite way to do this,
I've put my reply at the bottom and did a Reply All, please let me
know if I should be doing this differently...

Thanks,
-Skip